Molybdenum Lanthanum Oxide (ML) was developed for advanced applications requiring high performance, dimensional stability at high temperatures and after recrystallization when brittle fracture must be avoided. Widely used in furnace parts such as grids, racks and plates, below are additional examples:
- Base plates for semiconductors
- High temperature vacuum furnace fixtures
- Sintering and annealing boats
- Components for epitaxial growth processes
- Cylinders for hot isostatic pressing (HIP)
- Electrodes for resistance welding made of tungsten and molybdenum
- Heating elements for MOCVD
- Lead replacement for X-ray shielding
- Nozzles for the production of wool and fibers
For more information on technology, engineering and advanced materials applications, you can visit the IEEE website, one of the largest technical professional organizations worldwide.
Furnace and furnace fixtures photo courtesy © Plansee SE Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.