The soft magnetic alloy, EFI Alloy 79 (aka Magnifer 7904) is applicable where extremely high initial, maximum permeability and minimum hysteresis is needed. The alloy has been useful for miniature transformers and other applications where small size and low weight are important.
Typical applications of EFI Alloy 79 are:
- Electro-magnetic shielding
- Specialty transformer lamination
- Toroidal tape wound cores
- High quality motor laminations
- Stepping motors
- Steering magnetics found in particle accelerators
- GFI cores
For more information on technology, engineering and advanced materials applications, you can visit the IEEE website, one of the largest technical professional organizations worldwide.